Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Colors by Llarowe - Mercy

Greetings! Today's post is about Colors by Llarowe Mercy. Mercy is part of the CbL Fall 2014 collection, and is described as a "deep eggplant intense linear holo". Although on me, the color read more burgundy than eggplant, it was deep, rich, and almost vampy under indoor lighting. When the sun hit it, though, the rainbows came out to play! The holographic effect was so strong I could hardly take my eyes off it.






Please note: Any flaws are the result of my terrible polishing and clean up skills...I'm working on it!  Mercy applied smoothly, and was fully opaque in one coat. That's right, a one-coater! I did apply two coats, though (pure habit), over a base of CND Stickey. I topped it with a coat of Darling Diva Pryzmatic Performance Enhancing Top Coat. I'll be writing more about PETC at a later date.




Photos were taken in a combination of direct and indirect sunlight. I used my flash for the last two in an attempt to capture the holo flame and show off those amazing rainbows.



Generally, I am not a fan of traditional fall colors. I prefer blues and brights year-round, but CbL Mercy is a stunner. Mercy, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment