Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Gradient for a Snowy Day and Help Me Ronda Body Care


Greetings! Yesterday, we got our first covering of snow. It wasn't much, just a little lake-effect snow, but it was enough to stick. I love the way snow looks (particularly when I'm inside and toasty), so I was inspired to attempt a gradient. Naturally, I chose blue, my favorite.

I started with a layer of Nubar Foundation and a base of butter London Slapper. Then, I sponged on a couple layers of Slapper with butter London Cotton Buds and a darker blue by Polish & Co. called Bout That Life to create my gradient. What I like best about snow is how when the light hits it in a certain way, it glitters like diamonds. For that effect, I chose to add a layer of KBShimmer Happily Ever Aster. It's a glitter topper containing white, light blue, lilac, and holographic glitters in different shapes and sizes. What especially reminds me of snow are the holo microglitters that give off that little flash when I have my hand at a certain angle. It's all topped off with Seche Vite.


As it seems we've skipped fall and headed directly into winter, at least here in Chicago, I've got a product I'd like to share with you. I have eczema and also suffer from dry skin in general. A couple months ago, I entered a giveaway hosted by AIPAS, the Australian Indie Polish Appreciation Society. I was super lucky and won the prize offered by the very sweet Ronda, of Help Me Ronda. I received the Rub-A-Dub Scrub and Cuticle Hydration Balm, both in my choice of scent. I picked the Green Appletini, because...yum! Ronda was also kind enough to send me a Cuticle Cocktail in Pina Colada, as well!


First, let me tell you about this scrub. It is so luxurious! It's written on the package that a little goes a long way, and that's no exaggeration. Just a dab rubbed into my hands and rinsed off made a huge difference from the very first use. My hands have always been rough and dry, and even with the heavy duty moisturizing I do because of my eczema (Vaseline, Eucerin), a few hours later they'd be dry again. With Rub-A-Dub Scrub, though, my hands remained soft and supple throughout the day, even after all the hand washing I do. I intended to use this strictly as a hand scrub, because the eczema makes my skin extremely sensitive. The oils and butters it contains, though, are all natural and made from various seeds and leaves, so I took a chance...I'm so glad I did. This is so much more moisturizing than the sugar scrubs and body washes I normally use, and the effects last much longer. It's even great on areas that are generally rougher, like heels and elbows.


I love the Cuticle Cocktails just as much, if not more. They're extremely hydrating, and I find I don't have to reach for my cuticle remover as often. It also works great on any dry bits you might have. It, too, lasts through multiple hand washes. A little goes a long way for these, too. Just a tiny dab moisturizes all my cuticles! I use this after manicures and before bed. I also keep one in my purse to use when I'm out.  Even the one I'm using twice a day or more is still more than half full! You can see in my pictures that it's not greasy or shiny. Even when just applied, it doesn't leave residue on my keyboard or fingerprints on my phone screen. I also love the scents. They smell delicious and just like real fruit, but they are not at all overpowering. If you just can't bear any type of fragrance at all, though, Ronda's products can be purchased unscented, as well. I absolutely adore these skin care products, and I'll definitely be restocking my supply. I'm also dying to try the bath salts...they're next on my list! As always, thanks so much for looking!




No comments:

Post a Comment