Friday, November 21, 2014

A fun and simple Zoya manicure

Hello, again!

Today I kept things fairly simple with an easy Zoya-cure. My base coat was the usual CND Stickey, to which I added two coats of Zoya Teigen and a coat of Seche. This is a raspberry color, and while I am admittedly not a fan of reds and burgundies, Teigen is shot through with a ton of red and gold shimmer that caught my eye immediately. In fact, I wore it for a few days as a full manicure.


All the shimmer gives Teigen a lit-from-within quality that really impressed me. I also loved its smooth and easy application.



After about three days, I had some minor tip wear, and decided to freshen things up a bit. I used tip guides and Zoya Ryan for a quick french manicure. Ryan is a blackened navy creme that I'll definitely be using again soon for another look. To liven it up further, I used Ryan and a dotting tool for a few dots near the cuticles before topping it all off with Seche Vite.



In all, I thought this was a fun look to wear, and Teigen is a fabulous fall color that reminded me of the changing leaves. It was nice to wear something in the red family, which is definitely not the norm for me. It's not surprising, though, that in the end I managed to incorporate blue anyway. I still think the whole manicure managed to be appropriate for fall. What do you think? Thanks for looking, and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment